Haunted Humpday

Apparently Thursdays have become my personal Haunted Humpday. I can't believe how fast this month has gone. This year even more so with the extra activities going on at the animal shelter where I volunteer.

Are you all decorated and ready for Halloween?

I'm much better this year than I was last year. I started putting stuff out on the 1st of October and just kept adding things here and there. Most of it is outside in my front yard.

The other day I put up black silhouettes in my front window. Ignore the pieces of tape on the 'fence'. I decided to make arches this year and I really like how they look from the outside.


There is a large arched window on top of this that I have yet to decorate but here is a pic of how I did it last year.


And this is a picture of how the front looked at night (last year).


This year my son made more tombstones and panels of black fencing to go around the 'graveyard'. We're waiting until after this weekend's rain to put it up but I'm really excited to see how it turns out.

I know it's hard to see but I wanted to share this cool jack-o-lantern we added this year. It's a nice big size (and on sale) so we decided to put him up on a tall ladder and dress the ladder up with branches for arms. He's going by the front door to scare the little trick-or-treaters on Halloween.

Bwa-ha-ha-ha!



Lastly, I wanted to share a blog post I found recently. I didn't do much decorating indoors so I love looking at what others have done. I even have the same spellbook which gives me an idea.


I think this mantle is adorable. I love the matching paper on the pumpkin and background. You can see the rest on her blog HERE.

OK. I'm off to craft a quick costume for my pup. We're walking in the Pit Bull Awareness Day Parade this weekend and I finally decided what to put her in. Stay tuned for pics next week!

Happy Haunted Humpday Thursday!

Please visit Marfi at Incipient Wings for more.


2 comments:

Marfi-topia said...

Everything looks so creepy!
Wish I could come visit and see it in person.
Thanks for playing along!

Calamitous Botanicus said...

Wow. I love all your window decorations and the jack o'lantern too! The kids in your neighborhood are lucky to have such a cool house to visit on Halloween.
My outside decorating is very last minute as I'm never sure if it will be snowing or not.
Cheers, Sarah